Ela India FAQs
Have questions? Check our FAQs below
- Where are you based?
We are based in a beautiful town in Kerala called Palakkad. As folks who were born and brought up in the city, the idea of launching Ela India came about after we made a conscious decision to leave Mumbai and move to Kerala.
- What does your brand name mean?
Ela means ‘leaf’ in Malayalam and we felt that the name was perfect because it symbolised 'new beginnings.' Ela India's launch came about after our own personal decision to leave the city and explore small town living.
- When did you launch?
We started operations in February 2018, but really began in earnest in December 2018.
- Where is your workshop?
Our workshop is based in Palakkad, Kerala. Our production runs are small, and carefully considered based on how well a piece has sold in the past. For this reason, if you are unable to find your size, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a size request.
- Do you have a physical store?
No, and we don’t expect to have one for the foreseeable future. Our entire collection is available online.
- Can we book a visit to your studio?
Of course. We love meeting people and would love for you to visit our studio if you are ever in our part of town. Presently, in light of COVID, we are not booking visits but we hope that changes soon. Email us at email@example.com for appointments.
- Do you plan to launch into other categories like décor/ kidswear?
Never say never:-) Join our Ela India community, so you are updated about launches and shop announcements. Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Do you participate in pop-ups?
We do, although we are very selective about the ones we take part in. Check our blog for updates on the cities we plan to visit for pop-ups in the future.
- Do you offer styling advice?
We are always happy to assist customers with order queries and guidance on what styles to consider, keeping their personal style in mind. If this interests you, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a detailed size guide for the various pieces in our collection, for those unsure about sizing. Do follow our Youtube channel for our styling videos, they are carefully thought-out and might prove to be useful:)
- Are you sustainable? We are not certified as a sustainable brand just yet but follow these practices in a bid to keep our footprint as low-impact as possible.
Fabric sourcing: Although we do not produce our own fabric just yet, we source from recognised weaver collectives that follow sustainable production processes themselves. Organisations that we have sourced from include collectives like Malkha India, Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and also independent artisans that we meet during sourcing trips around the country. We strive to work with weaver collectives that adhere to sustainable production practises. We are always looking to work with independent weaver collectives so if you are one, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us with your catalogue at email@example.com.
Packaging: We have been working on minimising plastic packaging while shipping orders. In the early months after our launch, we were faced with floods in Kerala and had to ensure that the parcels were wrapped in plastic twice to ensure that the order was not damaged in transit. We were unhappy about this and had been exploring packaging alternatives for a while.
We are happy to share that we have since moved to using parchment paper for the first layer of packaging for all our orders. Last mile delivery in India is a challenge for most brands, and with that in mind, we still use one plastic cover on the outside while shipping orders to ensure that your Ela India order is not damaged in transit.
- How soon will you ship my order?
- Look for shipping information on each product page. Generally, for domestic and international orders alike, we will ship your order within 10-12 working days, unless intimated otherwise.
- Do you offer international shipping?
- We do offer international shipping but international checkout on the site is not currently available. We are working on it, and hope to have it working soon (fingers crossed:)
- Please check our Shipping, Returns and Exchange page for more information. Do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for an international shipping estimate from India Post.
- Do you accept international credit cards?
- Unfortunately, not at the moment. But do get in touch at email@example.com and we will help you book your international order. We accept bank transfers for all international orders.
- Can I cancel my order?
- You may cancel within 24 hours of placing an order.
- What is your exchange/ return policy?
- You can check our exchange/ return policy here.
- Do you offer an exchange on your Kasavu Saree?
- Due to the delicate nature of our Kasavu sarees, we do not offer a return/ exchange on the item. However, we assure you that our Kasavus are all inspected and go through two layers of inspection - once at the loom before being transported and second, before dispatch to ensure that there are no defects. Please check our Testimonial page for reviews by verified customers who have bought from us previously.
We use Razorpay as our payment gateway. For any issues related to payment, error page during transaction, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.
- I am skeptical about size, how do I find my right size?
- Refer to our Size Guide for a detailed guide to understanding how our fits work, with respect to specific pieces from our collection.
- Do you offer custom fits?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer custom fits at this point of time. We can help you with understanding any concerns about fits that you may have, do get in touch through the contact form below.
- What if I want a size that’s not listed in your size guide?
- If you are looking for a size that is not listed on our product page, please whatsapp us at +91-9833006443 or email us at email@example.com and we will get in touch to help you.
- Do you offer wholesale services?
- We do, although in a limited fashion. Please whatsapp us at +91-9833006443 or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for wholesale queries.
- We are a brand/ influencer and we would love to collaborate with you. How do we get in touch?
- We are always looking to connect with like-minded folks. Please send us an email at email@example.com or whatsapp us at +91-9833006443 and let’s chat! We have a small kit for collaboration requests that we would be happy to share with you.
Did we miss a question that you had in mind? Use the contact form below to send us your query! Thanks for stopping by:)
(Curious about the header image?
We are based in Palakkad, a picturesque town in Kerala close to the Kerala- Tamil Nadu border. This is one of the many statues at one of the biggest tourist attractions in the district- The Malampuzha Dam Garden Park)